Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The 60th Newport Beach to Ensenada Race is set for a week from this Friday!

www.nosa.org

Pacific High is entered and this will be a nice shake down sail for us to get the kinks out. This will by my 26th time in the race and my son Steve's 3rd. Eric Witte (TransPac Watch Captain) is flying out from CT to get some time on the boat as well.

The 120 mile Newport Beach to Ensenada Race has been an annual event since 1947-- this is the 60th running of the race. It has quite a history of famous sailors and stories that are so special. My dad raced in it in 1954, 1961 and 1963. I never got the pleasure of sailing with him in this event as he was too old when I was ready to participate. But what a gift that he introduced me to the sailing life, a lifestyle that is just incredible. He taught me to be a real sailor, not just a racing skipper. He is with me always along with my dear son Paul out there on the open sea. I am sure Paul is cracking his grandfather up daily, up in Heaven.

Stay tuned for updates as we splash Pac High in a few days and get her set up.

No comments: